Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Journeys in Japan - 2011/07/05 - Ogasawara Islands Part 1

"Jewels in the ocean Ogasawara Islands 1"

Jul. 5, Tue.
journeys image journeys image journeys image

- Chichi-jima Ogasawara Islands
- JJ that swims with dolphins
- Only Ogasawara's hibiscus dish

Only last month, the Ogasawara Islands became the fourth place in Japan to be designated as a World Heritage site. The remote islands float in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, about 1000 kilometers south of Tokyo, and can only be reached by taking a 25.5-hour journey by boat from the mainland. Among the 30 subtropical islands, large and small, only two are inhabited.
In this program, JJ heads for one of the two, called Chichijima.
The isolated islands are still rich in nature, both land and sea, and migrating dolphins can be seen in the beautiful waters around the islands all year.

Ogasawara Maru
The only ocean liner connecting the Japanese mainland to the Ogasawara Islands.
Basic sailing schedule: Once every six days between Tokyo's Takeshiba Terminal and Chichijima of the Ogasawara Islands
* Sailing schedule changes according to the season. Check for the latest schedule.
Journey time: 25.5 hours
Fares: Five types from Second class (23,590 yen) to Deluxe (59,040 yen)
A restaurant, shower rooms, and other facilities are also available on board.

Ogasawara Kaiun website (in English)
http://www.ogasawarakaiun.co.jp/english/

Dolphin Swimming Tour
Since Ogasawara has a warm climate throughout the year, Chichijima offers Dolphin Swimming Tours, a popular activity where tourists can swim with wild dolphins in the surrounding waters. Whales may also be sighted according to the season.
Season: All year round
* Humpback whales may be sighted from February to April, and sperm whales, from early summer to autumn.
One-day tour charges: 8,000 yen - 10,000 yen
There are several tour operators on the island and charges and services differ accordingly. A list is available on the Ogasawara Village Tourist Association website.

Ogasawara Village Tourist Association website (in English)
http://www.ogasawaramura.com/en/

Accommodation
Accommodation must be reserved since camping is prohibited all over Ogasawara.
There is a wide range of accommodation facilities to choose from, ranging from reasonable places to stay for long visits to relaxing resort hotels. Most accommodation details are available on the Ogasawara Village Tourist Association website.

Ogasawara Village Tourist Association website (in English)
http://www.ogasawaramura.com/en/

Traveler: JJ
Access Map


Download: http://www.fileserve.com/file/P2A22yP/20110705 Journeys in Japan - Ogasawara Islands Part 1.mkv


 Dropped video frames
 
   Found average frame timing of 32.67 ms
 
       Line     Duration (ms)    Time window
      40323         1734         0:22:24.032 -> 0:22:25.766
      40348         1500         0:22:26.566 -> 0:22:28.066
      40349         1800         0:22:28.066 -> 0:22:29.866
      40350         1900         0:22:29.866 -> 0:22:31.766
      40402          900         0:22:33.466 -> 0:22:34.366
      40403          833         0:22:34.366 -> 0:22:35.199
      40404         2867         0:22:35.199 -> 0:22:38.066
      40405         2600         0:22:38.066 -> 0:22:40.666
 
 Total frames: 49973
 


20 comments:

  1. Hi Librarian

    I was so hoping you would capture the second part of Ogasawara Islands. It was aired on Journeys in Japan this past week. I only noted it in the schedule long after the broadcast. So I kept hoping you would upload it. But I realise that you were not uploading then - technical glitch?

    Anyhow, hopefully the Part 2 will be repeated soon.

    Thank you nevertheless for your tireless capturing and uploading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My apologies, I thought I had recorded it before, but I checked just now because of your comment, and it turns out that it was just before I started recording them a year ago. I'll keep an eye out for it, if it repeats.

      Delete
    2. Thank you, again. I too, will keep an eye.

      Delete
  2. Google this item: journeys in japan - Ogasawara Islands 2 (704x400 x264)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Anonymous. Thank you. I did google the file sometime ago when I downloaded and viewed Part 1, but I must admit I did not even think of doing so again after the last showing. I do appreciate your help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cheugl, were you able to obtain & complete the 2 Ogasawara Islands episodes of Journeys in Japan using Google?

      Delete
  4. Oh yes, Anonymous, I did get Part 2 and was able to view both videos. Thanks again.
    May I mention that I am searching for yet another NHK video - My Dear Child of the Enemy. It aired the weekend of Aug10>12 but seems The Librarian did not record it. I was gone for the weekend and so did not see it at all.
    In searching for it online it seems that it was a repeat and first aired maybe 2 years ago. I see quite a few files and torrents available but they are all duds.
    Any help sourcing live file will be apreciated?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. chuegl, I was wondering if you can upload Ogasawara Islands parts 1 & 2 of Journeys in Japan because I'm having difficulty with my upload bandwidth. The 2 Part episode of L'Arc-En-Ciel live from MSG, the 4 August Chronicles series & Natural Born Runners is blocked by NHK World. There was a torrent & upload sites of August Chronicles 2011, but majority of them are inactive or no longer active.

      Lately, NHK World has been showing lots of rebroadcast. The autumn 2012 - winter 2013 schedule will be released next month. Hopefully, new episodes & programs will air between now until the end of autumn 2012. Autumn Blooming is coming next month to NHK World. I'm looking forward to that 10 minute clip.

      Delete
    2. Hi Anonymous
      I have been seeding both Ogasawara Islands files over the past couple weeks and will continue for next few weeks.
      Thanks for the info re August Chronicles - My Dear Child of the Enemy. I am still hoping NHK will repeat it sometime this year.

      Delete
    3. I mean is uploading parts 1 & 2 of Ogasawara Island via MediaFire, if it isn't too much of your time, if you still have both.

      Delete
  5. I am sorry, I am not that adventurous, Anonymous. I use the torrent system but so far have been reluctant to upload to file storage sites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not adventurous, as in, not wanting to share & keep that file all to yourself. Since the uploader of this page uploads programs majority of the time, there will be times the uploader will not be able to upload missed & overlooked programs. The least you can do is give back in return. As in, share to others who are interested & help each other out when they needed the most.

      Delete
    2. What do you think using the torrent system /seeding is ???

      Delete
    3. When I try downloading the files, even though, I configured my firewall & UPnP. I'm getting this message "Failure: Sorry max peers reached! Redownload torrent from..."

      Torrent files doesn't last that long. Uploaders move on to new items. Some files uploaded on sites that used to be online like Megaupload last long periods of time like days, weeks, months or even years. Forums, nowadays upload files on file storage sites because seedbox servers is expensive & cost money.

      Memberships, disabled LPD, DHT, and PEX are against the intent of torrents. Nowadays, I don't use torrent sites because you have to put a lot of time & effort to keep a good upload ratio with slow connection. Also, running my PC 24/7 is taking a toll on my electricity bill. As in, paying more monthly. If I have a 100 Mbit down/up stream connection, like Sweden, I will be able to down/up stream files & seed.

      Delete
    4. Skype's "send file" is a opportunity too. ;)

      Delete
    5. To the user requesting the 2 Ogasawara Island episodes of Journeys in Japan, you might be in luck. My problem is I could not upload the files because it exceeds the 200MB maximum limit.

      Is there a way to split the file in parts?

      Delete
    6. google it - how to split mkv files with mkvmerge :)

      Delete
    7. oooh sorry, MKVToolnix

      Delete
    8. Its better to rar or zip the file into parts so the file isn't modified.

      Delete
  6. To the user looking for the 2 Ogasawara Island episodes of Journeys in Japan, I decided to upload via EmbedUpload because I don't have a MediaFire account & the file exceeds more than 200 MB. You are welcome to create MediaFire links to the 2 episodes below, if you like to post as regular.
    332 MB (2012.07.24) journeys in japan - Ogasawara Islands 1 (704x400 x 264): http://www.embedupload.com/?d=5HCIHUITED
    375 MB (2012.07.31) journeys in japan - Ogasawara Islands 2 (704x400 x264): http://www.embedupload.com/?d=6CQBZIYWLG

    I have have no problem opening the rar files & alternate links are actively working. I hope you have no problem opening the rar files & accessing the alternate links.

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

I can't re-post files, sorry. The exception is files that are less than a day old. All mediafire links are broken forever. If you ask nicely and show that you tried but couldn't find the file elsewhere, someone may share it again.